Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Picking Up Lent

It has been a while...I hate when I read that on other blogs I follow, albeit somewhat sporadically. It Implies that anyone really is waiting for me to write something on here...that's a little prideful. I have wanted to com back to posting but I must admit what was once therapeutic and helped me connect to my dad who when I started this wasn't on any social media. Dad has been gone 2 years come May, is it easier, no not really, just different. After he passed it was difficult for me to write on here as I sorted through my own grief and sorrow. Now it feels weird.

I have prayed about what to observe for Lent this year. I thought about social media, coffee, meat, sweets but most of those seem to be about abstaining rather than learning a new discipline, at least as I approached them in my heart. So I am going to try something equally as challenging for me as abstaining from all those ther things, blogging each day for the journey through Lent to Easter. For me this will be challenging in different ways as far as time, emotions, and something worth commenting on. Not sure yet how it will flesh out, but I'm willing to give it a shot.

So if you are so inclined join with me and let's see how Christ is formed in us for the next 40 or so days.

Blessings along your journey!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Welcome back Tony!

I have always enjoyed your thoughts. I too have recently begun writing again. Maybe we can encourage each other. God bless my friend!