Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Accepting God's Ways

The Teacher in Ecclesiastes records these words, "Accept the way God does things, for who can straighten what he has made crooked" (7:13). These simple words are a powerful reminder of the sovereignty of God over your life and mine. The remind us that God's love and care for his children can never be stopped. They also remind us that it is not up to us to determine the course of our lives and how our futures will shape up. Who are we to question God? Yet, God is not caught off guard by our questions. I need to know that there is someone else outside of myself in control of my life. I need to know that I don't have all the answers because he does. I need to know that his purpose for me is greater than my purpose for myself. This truth gives me comfort and hope beyond my finite self. It's not easy to live this out, but I have to believe that God is satisfied with just the attempt sometimes.


No comments: