Thursday, March 6, 2014

Drudgery or Delight

The cold, rainy day here in Statesboro makes you want to stay inside with a cup of coffee or hot tea and read a good book. Unfortunately, most of us don't have that luxury. We have school, work, meetings, and appointments. The challenge is to find joy in the midst of the gloominess of our life circumstances.
King David wrote, "Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you your heart's desires" (Psalm 37:4). I love to remind myself of this verse often, because my heart can easily be swayed to seek joy, delight, and pleasure in so many other things other than him. I also love this verse on days like today, because it is a reminder that despite my circumstances (in this case, the weather) God is calling me to something beyond myself and beyond my circumstances.

What are you delighting in?

No comments: