Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Strength in Weakness

Do you ever have those days when you don't stop long enough to catch your breath? You know you hit the ground running and almost collapse into bed at the end of the night. Today has been one of those days for me. The hectic nature of the day and the exhaustion I feel tonight are good things though...I would rather feel that way than have plenty of energy and know that I didn't accomplish anything. In days like today it is the kind word from a friend and colleague or the warm embrace from someone you love or the glimpse of grace in a twinkling eye (actually happened twice today) that reminds me that God is present even in, especially in my weakness. The warm sunshine and an encouraging note, phone call, or email help to remind us of that too. Excuse me, I need to write an email to someone.

No comments: