Monday, May 5, 2008

Prom 2008

It's official all of the schools here have celebrated Prom 2008! Seeing pictures from students of their prom adventures reminds me of my prom experience. Prom was a fun time each time I went. I think my most vivid memories are my junior prom. I had a beautiful date! Luckily, I still have her. I remember the restaurant but not the food, the car ride but only because I burped, the way Cyd looked as we stood in her parents backyard taking pictures, how her face seemed to be radiant with light. I remember how cool I thought I looked with tennis shoes on instead of the traditional patent leather shoes. I remember the cap I wore, in fact I still have it. My Harvard cap has many memories too but that's for another time. I remember taking pictures with our friends. I remember that one of our friends couldn't wear shoes to prom because he got sun poisoning on the top of his feet. I remember that nervous feeling as I picked Cyd up and helped her in and out of my truck (trucks aren't really made for formal wear). It was a fun, magical night as we danced for hours with good friends and made memories to last a lifetime. I hope that all of our students made good memories that will stay with them for a while at their prom.

No comments: