Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Eight Years Together

So today marks 8 years of blissful wedded life! To say it has all been easy would be misleading, to say it has all been hard would be untrue, to say that every second has been worth it would be the gospel truth. We celebrated in a less than flamboyant way but it was deeply satisfying. I cooked strawberry pancakes and sausage for breakfast for all three of my girls. We then packed everyone up and headed to Mill Creek for some fun at the playground. Today was the hottest day of the year in Statesboro, but the breeze made things feel nice. We returned home to relax for a little bit before we feasted on some fresh veggies from my father-in-law's garden. There is nothing like fresh squash, zucchini, onions, and potatoes for a great home-cooked meal. All of it was simply delicious. I know many people would say, you shouldn't have spent the whole day with your kids, it should have just been you and Cyd. What those people miss is that time with all of them is so important to me. It is rare that we get to spend extended time together as a family because of my schedule, so it was such joy to wrestle and laugh with Claire, hold Charlotte, have adult conversations with Cyd...I even reminded Cyd and Claire "how a cow chews cud!" All in all a wonderful anniversary!

2 comments:

Allison said...

So 8 years ago I got a ticket on the way to your wedding! Ha! Happy Anniversary, Pags. I'm so blessed to have you & Cyd as a part of my life after all these years.

Tony Pagliarullo said...

I remember you telling me that at the reception. Hope your final days in Germany go well.