Friday, May 23, 2008

I Heard You Finally Graduated!

A scene in Tommy Boy, one of my favorite movies, has Richard (David Spade) and Tommy (Chris Farley) conversing about Tommy finally finishing college. The dialogue goes something like this, " Did you hear I finally graduated? Yeah, just a shade under a decade too, alright!" Tonight and tomorrow all of the seniors from First Baptist get to participate in the culmination of 12 years of hard work as they receive their diplomas. I remember all of my graduation ceremonies to some extent. Of course I don't remember anything the speakers ever said, but I remember the anticipation of finally reaching that milestone. What a wonderful feeling, that sense of accomplishment that each graduate experiences. I hope that each graduate enjoys this weekend to the fullest as they celebrate with friends and family this achievement.

No comments: