Friday, May 2, 2008

Holocaust Rememberance

As I thought about the Holocaust the last two days my mind can't stop asking this question, "Where was the church in Germany?" Sadly, many of the members of the Nazi party were part of the state church in Germany. The power that the Nazi's held prove to strong and great for many to stand up and boldly denounce their policies and practices as completely in contradiction with the Christianity. Some did. Some very brave and courageous people who would not cower before Hitler. I had a professor in college who always said that the hatred for the Jews was so great in this country just before Hitler came to power that the Holocaust could have happened here. I don't know if that is true, but I know that yesterday is a reminder to me to search my heart and root out the hatred that might be there for anyone or any reason.

1 comment:

Allison said...

Great post, Pags. Living over here has brought this topic more to light.