Monday, April 7, 2008

A Lesson in Life

I've mentioned before about how much I am enjoying the Robert Plant and Allison Krauss CD. One of the last songs on the disc has a line that says, "Let your loss be your lesson." The song details the loss of the love of a woman, but I couldn't help but think that this really is a universal truth. We all suffer loss of some kind, the thing that you have to remember is to learn from those losses. The difficult thing for me is not recognizing the loss, but grappling with what it is that God is teaching me through that loss. The lesson is always there, resting dormant like the alien life form from X-Files, but am I going to learn from it? Am I going to become a better person as a result of it? Am I going to grow wiser from my lesson in life?

No comments: