Friday, April 18, 2008

Connectedness

Donald Miller writes, "I think we can think nobody is affected by our actions, by our habits, but they are. We aren't independent creatures, you know. We are all connected." (To Own a Dragon, p.141). I have been reminded in recent days that our actions good or bad have a greater reach and impact than we sometimes realize. As humans and as Christians we must ever live with the foundation that we are called to live in community by the God who made us. This means that no choice or action can be isolated. The choices that you and I make aren't going to influence just our day and our life, they are going to influence countless others around us. It's this tension that keeps us living lives that honor Christ at times, not because that's always our first choice, but because we know that other people are watching us...seeing Christ or not seeing Christ in us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Estabilizador e Nobreak, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://estabilizador-e-nobreak.blogspot.com. A hug.