Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Comfort Music

Do you have comfort music you listen to? You know the kind of music that you listen to when you are stressed, worried, overwhelmed, happy, joyful, or just about any other emotion you could think of. There are two artists that fit that mold for me. Bill Mallonee, a singer-songwriter from Athens, GA, and The Allman Brothers Band. I have written about Bill Mallonee several times, so I'll share some thoughts on The ABB. Their music is inspiring to me. The complex instrumentality of slide guitar, percussion, gritty vocals, and thumping bass make their music hypnotic. The Brothers are a source of peace and calmness for me when life is not, and they are a source of energy when I need it. Monday was a rough day in many ways, so what did I do...I turned on The ABB and "with the help of God and two friends, I've come to realize, I still have two strong legs and even wings to fly, so I ain't waistin' time."

1 comment:

Allison said...

I have a section of my iPod called "Chilled." It's got a huge list of music I listen to when I need to break away from it all. So I guess that would be my Comfort music