Thursday, September 27, 2007

Slightly OCD

Have you ever wondered why you do some of the things you do. Like for example when I leave the house with anything other than gym shorts on my lower extremities, I have a particular place for everything. My wallet goes in a certain pocket on a particular side every time, no exceptions. My wallet is a tri-fold, so it bugs me when someone picks it up or hands it back to my folded the wrong way. My keys and any loose change always go in my left pocket. My chap stick always goes in the right pocket. In addition to my chap stick the right pocket is home to any gum or mints that I might have with me. The cell phone is the thing that sometimes gets switched around, although usually it winds up in the same pocket with the chap stick and gum. I don't know if anyone else is like this in the entire world, but I can't think straight if things are misplaced and not in their appropriate pockets. The other funny thing is my chap stick. I have a dependence on this item perhaps more than wallet and keys. In fact, I have been known to turn around and drive back to the house if I have forgotten my chap stick, and a few times I actually stopped and bought a new one. So I confess I have a touch of OCD, but it keeps me normal, I think.

No comments: