Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Pacesetting

Lately I have found that the pace of life we set for ourselves can be so hectic. It's important to pull aside and have moments when we can actually take a deep breath. It's easy for all of us to rush and rush and go and go until we reach exhaustion. My experience has taught me that I am more of a grouch( just ask Cyd) and less productive in life if I'm not finding sources to tap into to refresh my heart, soul, body, and mind. One of the greatest sources for me is music. Music has the power to heal, calm, rejuvenate, and generally cope with life. Let me encourage you to set aside some time to listen to that favorite CD, iTune download, or dare I say cassette and allow God to speak some truth into your life through that. We can find the truth and beauty of God in some of the strangest places if we will slow down long enough to look and listen for it. Then we are better equipped to keep up with the pace of life around us. Happy listening!

No comments: