Tuesday, September 25, 2007

As she was sleeping

I got to spend some time with Claire yesterday afternoon. We had fun going to run a few errands together, except she ran into a display at one start that left a bruise on her forehead. Last night we did our nightly routine of reading 3 books and then going to sleep. As we read she got very sleepy, which was wonderful because it didn't take long for her to go sound asleep. Holding her, I thought to myself, "You are so cute and adorable!" I then found myself hoping and praying that she would grow to be an incredible woman like her mother. A woman who is full of compassion, love, and forgiveness. A woman who has a heart to help people deal with the difficulties of life. A woman who longs to serve God with body, mind, and spirit. My thoughts all ran to other people who have an influence in Claire's life grandparents, students of mine from the church, family members, babysitters, teachers, and friends who all have specific qualities and characteristics that I hope she will. I am thankful for the role that all these people have in helping to nurture my little girl, but I am most thankful for the role my wife plays in simply being a mother.

No comments: