Wednesday, January 30, 2008

What is worship?

Tonight I taught on worship. This week has been a blur and quite honestly exhausting in so many ways. As I struggled to finish my lesson today I found time running away, phone calls left unreturned, emails unreplied, even relationships left hanging. The most frustrating thing was not being able to organize my mind in such a way as to collect my thoughts enough to know exactly what I wanted to get across. When it came time for The Gathering tonight I had about 3 different lessons on worship to teach, but ended up not really teaching any of them. That's a good thing though...I think. It's an incredibly humbling experience to see God work in spite of yourself at times. The really cool thing is that Kate came in and whipped out her education background and made everything gel in a really cool way! Now if I could just get her to teach on Wednesday nights. God truly is bigger than us.

The words of one of the songs says this "Holy, You are still Holy, Even when the darkness surrounds my life. Sovereign, You are still Sovereign, Even when confusion has blinded my eyes." How true those words are for us. As we talked about worship tonight I realized that one of my greatest joys is seeing and hearing students worshiping God through song. The last song tonight and the worshipers around me led me to the quiet place of worship in my heart that I desperately needed.

No comments: