Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Does that mean that Christ promotes sin?

In Galatians, Paul talks about the way the Law points out our need for Christ and grace. Verse 17 intrigued me yesterday as I read it. If in growing in our faith we discover that we are in fact sinners who still struggle with the taint of darkness in our hearts we cannot conclude that Christ promotes sin or evil. In fact, Christ stands in direct opposition to sin and evil. "Does that mean that Christ promotes sin? Absolutely not!" Sometimes I think we become so enamored by the wickedness in our hearts that we confuse our struggle with sin as God condoning our sin. The very opposite is true. As we grow in faith, we see better the depths of our sin and our need for redemption. Then we can join Paul in "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me."

No comments: