Friday, January 11, 2008

Frustration

A friend had a car wreck yesterday that really put a dent in her week (no pun intended). As some of us gathered at the scene of the accident we were all reminiscing about our own wrecks. We were reliving our situation as her situation played out before our eyes. It reminded me that the act of corporate worship is about reenacting the drama of God's history with humanity. The details of the story include creation, sin, redemption, unfaithfulness, salvation, and faithfulness. I have been asking myself if I do this in my daily worship of God or if I, like so many others, am simply going through the motions. The wreck also made me realize that as a community of faith we share in each others joy and pain in a unique way...kinda like we did yesterday at Hill and Oak.

No comments: