Friday, May 1, 2009

Titus


I have been doing a three week series on Titus with our students on Wednesday nights at The Gathering. The study and preparation have been challenging and encouraging for me as I have tried to allow scripture to read me rather than reading scripture. Good commentaries are always helpful to me as I prepare sermons and lessons. I have a few favorite series that are always insightful. I couldn't get the volume for Titus in those series as quickly as I needed it, so I ordered Volume 46 of Word Biblical Commentary. I have been most pleased with the scholarship and the surprising application of this commentary. It was written by William D. Mounce who wrote the Greek grammar book I used in seminary. I thought I would pass along the information in case you happen to need a commentary on the Pastoral Epistles.

No comments: