Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mother's Day

We had a wonderful Mother's Day at the Pagliarullo house. Since Sunday's are crazy days for us, we celebrated on Saturday. The girls and I cooked Cyd breakfast in bed complete with a homemade card from Claire and a rose from one of our rosebushes. We even let her sleep in a little bit, though that is very difficult in a house with a 3 year old and a one year old. Sunday was a wonderful day as we got to have Cyd's parents, my mom and my grandmother over for lunch. Cyd cooked made from scratch pizzas for everyone, too many combinations to list here. It was so nice to sit around the table and visit and watch the girls enjoying being with grandparents.

On Monday I was cleaning some files out in my office and I found this poem I had used for a Mother's Day emphasis a few years ago.

Mom thank you for being you
In all the little things you do.

The way you reared me
Instead of fearing me.

The love you have shown me through the years
Amidst the joy and tears.

Your faithfulness to God
Even when sometimes life seemed like a dense fog.

You never failed me yet
You certainly won't if I had to bet.

Thank you for it all
The really big and the small.

My love an respect for you
Can't help but shine through.

The life I live and lead
I thank my God for a mother like you.

No comments: