Monday, April 27, 2009

Our Garden



Saturdays at our house are often spent outside. We cut the grass, pull weeds, cut roses and camellias, water plants, fertilize plants. Well a few weeks ago we potted some herbs, bell pepper and tomato plants. We have toyed with the idea of putting an actual garden somewhere in our back yard. As you know the first step is to break up the soil and get it ready for the seeds. Claire and I did that Saturday with only a grubbing hoe and her shovel she got in a kids meal at Chick-fil-A. Fun doesn't even begin to describe it! If we can get just a few meals worth of squash, cucumber, and zucchini, then it will all be worth it, but right now I am extremely sore.
This was the best image I could find of the grubbing hoe I used, perhaps because the one I used is easily older than I am. I'm not sure if our garden will look like this one, but here's wishing it might!

1 comment:

Allison said...

Ok I completely looked at the pictures before I read the post and thought that was your actual garden!!! Way to go..I have a lot of friends who are starting their own gardens as well. I don't know if I could do it--not enough patience! Thanks for your comment on my last post. If y'all are ever down this way, let me know.