Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Saying Goodbye

Tonight we are saying "goodbye and Godspeed" to our seniors. In this group of graduates I see a lot of myself as a senior in high school, some good and some bad. I've known most of them for the full three years I have been at FBC and so I am humbled to have been a part of their lives. My prayer with all of the students who I have met and been a part of their lives over the years is always that the gospel would be at the center of everything I do and say. I'm not perfect, most people who know me can tell you that, but I pray that I have been as faithful as possible to proclaiming the gospel, but more importantly putting the gospel into action for my students. I came across this passage from Dallas Willard the other day that reminded me of why I do what God has called me to do. "Does the gospel I preach and teach have a natural tendency to cause people who hear it to become full-time students of Jesus?" (The Divine Conspiracy p. 335)

No comments: