Wednesday, April 1, 2009

VOL Live at Eddie's Attic

Vigilantes of Love have a new release!! A live disc, recorded earlier this year at Eddie's Attic, a great music venue in Decatur, GA. In college Cyd and I drove up to Decatur to catch a VOL show that was utterly amazing. An intimate setting but a club that has helped a lot of folks in the greater Atlanta area get some coverage and recognition. I wanted to make it to this show, but we just couldn't make it work. The CD is available at www.volsounds.com for only $4.50, a steal to say the least. The newly reformed band is a great mix and balance of their earlier sound with a heaping dose of Bill Mallonee's solo work of the last several years. It just might surpass the VOL live at the 40 Watt in my book. I was listening to it as I finish getting things ready for Wednesday night and realized I hadn't written about it yet.

The thing that's yours for free
Is the thing I need the most
Oh, stifles every boast, every boast
And this thing we cannot speak of
To painful to behold
Oh, this blister soul

No comments: