Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Movies and Motown

Last night Claire and I went to Movies and Motown presented by the Statesboro High School Chorus. It was a wonderful production. It was evident that Lisa Muldrew, the director, had invested in the students and worked hard with them learning their music. We had a handful of students in the show, so it was great watching them perform with excitement and enthusiasm. One of my students, Jessie Mooney, had a "solo". Actually she rapped in "Joyful, Joyful" from Sister Act 2. She and all of the students did a great job.

The evening reminded me of my days in the school chorus and showchoir...what a blast!!

I think my favorite numbers where "Joyful, Joyful" and "Proud Mary". My favorite singer, however might have been the faculty member sitting near me who was really, really, into the rhythm of the music.

1 comment:

Allison said...

Haa! What memories of Calvary Singers!