Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Selfless vs. Selfishness

A few weeks ago I taught a young couples Sunday school class on the topic of being selfless vs. selfish. As I was running the day before I taught the lesson I heard the Dave Matthews Band song “Seek Up” on my iPod. Some of the lyrics in that song hit me in a different way than all the other times I had heard them. I share them hoping that you find something for yourself in them.

“Seek Up”

Sit awhile with TV’s hungry child
Big belly swelled
Oh, for a price of a coke or a smoke
Keep alive those hungry eyes
Take a look at me, what you see in me,
Mirror look at me
Face it all, face it all again

Look at me in my fancy car
And my bank account
Oh, how I wish I could take it all down
Into my grave, I’d save
Take a look again, take a look again,
Take a look again
Everyday things change,…stay the same

No comments: