Monday, February 4, 2008

Date Night

Friday evening I surprised Cyd with a date night. I pretended to invite company for a relaxed dinner, but when the guest arrived they handed Cyd a poem explaining the "sudden" change of plans. It was wonderful to have a few hours together away from the house. We decided to check out Statesboro's First Friday festivities. We actually only went into one store before making our way into Statesboro Brews. This is a fairly new (year or less) restaurant in Statesboro. The atmosphere was unique. The upstairs that looks down on Main Street is a piano/martini bar. We enjoyed some wonderful conversation, great music, and exceptional food. Cyd tried the crab cakes, which were good, but not quite as good as the shrimp and grits I feasted on. If you haven't tried Statesboro Brews yet you might want to check it out next time you have a free evening. We proceeded to a local bookstore and a local coffee shop for dessert and intense game of checkers before returning home. It was a wonderful evening in so many ways.

1 comment:

Allison said...

When I grow up and get married I hope that my husband and I are as cool as you and Cyd!!!

;)
Allison