Friday, October 5, 2007

Look into your sad eyes and tell me what you see What is left of the child who is hiding behind them? Who longs to be laughing in places of light Who knows that the morning will follow the night? Look into your sad eyes and tell me what you see
lyrics taken from Look Over Your Shoulder by Mark Heard

My CD player in my car goes on the fritz sometimes. Well, it hasn't been working for about a month now. Unfortunately my tape collection has dwindled over the years. I do have a dubbed tape of The Allman Brothers' Greatest Hits and a copy of Mark Heard's High Noon. I was listening to Mark Heard today as I drove back from hospital visitation and the song quoted above was on. The phrase "Who knows that the morning will follow the night?" stuck in my mind. Isn't it wonderful to know that no matter how dark the night seems to be in our lives, the morning will soon follow? The simply rhythm of night and day, dark and light, reminds us that now matter what we are facing in life, God's grace will shine through the morning light.

No comments: