Sunday, October 14, 2007

Family of Faith

This morning I preached a sermon entitled "Family of Faith." I talked about the crucial role that families play in developing future generations that love the Lord and serve Him. I also talked about the responsibility of the family of faith to nurture one another and model a life of faith for others. As I prepared the sermon this week, I was reminded how my biological family and my family of faith has always been a driving force in shaping me and influencing my life. I am thankful for everyone who has invested in my life over the years. I have recently reconnected with some friends from college that helped form and shape my theology and faith in unique ways...I think I am most thankful for friends, family, and fellow believers who afford me the opportunity to always grow in my knowledge and pursuit of God. The Christian church has many faults and flaws, but there is no other place on earth where you can find the grace and the freedom to follow Christ.

No comments: