Monday, October 29, 2007

Fenway Memories

Some people would say that Fenway Park is the greatest baseball stadium in America. I would have to vigorously agree. Watching the Red Sox sweep the 2007 World Series this week reminded me of my trip to Fenway many years ago. I would imagine the intensity of games 1 and 2 was absolutely incredible, but I think my trip to Fenway was even better. I got to see the Red Sox play the Yankees at Fenway. I remember it like it was yesterday even though over 20 years have passed. I was there with my family for my great aunt and uncle's 50th wedding anniversary. At the time my cousin was playing 3rd base for the Yankees so we were there to see him, but the awe of being in Fenway and seeing the Green Monster was breath-taking. We were sitting about 10 rows up behind the dugout on the 3rd base side as we watched two giants of baseball history battle each other. The magnitude of that game and that stadium weren't lost on young starry-eyed kid who was just hoping to catch a foul ball. I dare say, that game was better to be at than ones in recent days at Fenway, but that's simply my biased opinion.

No comments: