Monday, August 27, 2007

Tybee Island

Last week Cyd, Claire, and I spent several days at Tybee Island for our vacation. It was wonderful to get away from the schedule and routine of life for a few days and simply enjoy God's creation, my family, and rest. We had no agenda except to have no agenda. We had so much fun playing in the sand, surf, and sun. The jellyfish were really bad, fortunately only Cyd and I got stung. Tybee is a wonderful place to go for a vacation. I remember as a kid going their and staying at my aunt and uncle's place...my how the island has changed and grown over the last decade. There are a few constants that you should try if you make it to Tybee this year. First, The Sugar Shack, an ice cream shop, on the left of Hwy.80 just before you turn onto Butler Ave. Excellent ice cream, milkshakes, and such. The other is Spanky's Beachside. Spanky's is an institution at Tybee. Although it feels kinda run down and it's usually quite warm inside, the food is always excellent. Plus you get to see the ocean while you eat. Someone took us out to dinner at AJ's Dockside on the backwater. If you can find it, because it's smack in the middle of a residential area, it's worth it. As a side note, I saw a picture of Heather Buckley, a high school classmate. I haven't seen her in years so it was funny to see her as I was showing Claire pictures of people fishing that AJ's has posted on the wall. Last week was so refreshing and fun. I think I could get used to that type of life.

1 comment:

Allison said...

Hey! I'm so glad you guys had fun. I've added you as one of my top blogs on my blog page!