Monday, March 16, 2009

St. Patrick

This is an inscription from the breastplate of St. Patrick.
May Christ protect me today;
against poison and burning,
against drowning and wounding,
so that I may have abundant reward;
Christ with me, Christ before me, Christ behind me;
Christ within me, Christ beneath me, Christ above me;
Christ to the right of me; Christ to the left of me;
Christ in my lying, Christ in my sitting, Christ in my rising;
Christ in the heart of all who think of me,
Christ on the tongue of all who speak to me,
Christ in the eye of all who see me,
Christ in the ear of all who hear me,

I rise today:
in power's strength, invoking the Trinity,
believing in threeness,
confessing the oneness,
of Creation's Creator.

For to the Lord belongs salvation
and to the Lord belongs salvation
and to Christ belongs salvation.

May your salvation, Lord, be with us always.


We head off to Savannah later today for all of the St. Patrick's Day festivities. We can't wait. Green grits, green bread, corned beef, cabbage, and everything else. This is Charlotte's first St. Patrick's Day so we are excited to see how she takes it all in. Here's hoping that your St. Patrick's Day is as wonderful as ours hopes to be.

No comments: