Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Quoteable Quotes


Vocation is not primarily a thing one does to live but the thing one lives to do. It is, or should be, the full expression of your faculties, the thing in which you find spiritual, mental, and bodily satisfaction.
       Dorothy Sayers

Maturity is to accept oneself and ones origins as non-negotiable.

I do not want to make Baptists shut themselves up in their little clam shells and be indifferent to the ocean outside of them. I am a Baptist, but I am more than a Baptist. All things are mine; whether Francis of Assisi, or Luther, or Knox, or Wesley; all are mine because I am Christ's. The old Adam is a strict denominationalist; the new Adam is just a Christian.
       Walter Rauschenbusch

I came across all of these in the book, For Faith and Friendship, currently in my stack of reading material. 

No comments: