Friday, October 28, 2011

Father to a Son

It's hard to believe that we are halfway through pregnancy number 3! I am extremely excited to be having a boy this time around, but also very nervous. I know what to do with girls...at least so far. I'm not so sure with boys. I was talking to a student this morning who is a big outdoors person. He hunts every chance he gets. I have been hunting once, so I'm not sure how to teach my son anything about wildlife. I'm not really great with tools, mechanical things, etc. so I'm not sure where he will learn to do any of that stuff either. If he wants to have a discussion about theories of atonement while I change his diaper then I can handle that area. Or if he wants to discuss the influence of jazz and blues musicians on current music or the merits of being critically acclaimed and not popularly acclaimed in the world of music. I can even handle discussing the theological implications of such films as The Goonies or TV shows like Friends and for Halloween, Charlie Brown and the Great Pumpkin I'm there! The good news is I have a few more months to figure some of these things out!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Dude, congratulations on the new baby! That is exciting news. Can wait to see some picture of the new Pagliarullo.

Allison Stroud said...

You're gonna be a great Dad to your little boy, Pags :)

Tony Pagliarullo said...

Thanks to you both. Victor, Baby Tripp is due in March so pictures are still forthcoming. Hope you both are blessed.