Friday, August 12, 2011

New School Year

Towards the end of the summer I was ready for school to start partly because my girls needed the structure and partly because that means that the students I work with are back into their routines and thus I see them more regularly at church. Well school is only 2 weeks into the year and I am worn slap out! This whole being a responsible parent and getting your kids to bed at a decent hour, up, dressed for school, hopefully with their teeth brushed and breakfast is insane! I don't remember it being this difficult when I was going to school! I don't even remember it being this difficult when Cyd and I were in seminary and both had to be up, dressed decently, fed, homework finished and pulling out of the driveway by 6:45 for our hour commute to campus. Call me crazy but I am already ready for summer to be here.

On the other hand, the girls have loved school, although getting up in the morning is not their favorite thing. They do move quicker when bribed with Chick-fil-A! I'm sure that part of the weariness so far for me has been the hectic schedule at work the last few weeks.

We have shown our house to potential buyers twice this week, so that's another positive about school starting.

No comments: