Monday, August 29, 2011

Making the Most of Mondays

Have you ever had one of those days when everything you do just falls to pieces? Or perhaps nothing seems to work out quite how you envisioned it. That's been my life for the past few days. I guess I would equate it with a person who has a strong disdain for Monday mornings. I am usually not that way, but lately it seems like most days would probably be no worse for the wear if I crawled back in bed and stayed there.

Then I got to thinking about that fact that Mondays don't have to be so bad. In reality they can remind us of God's mercy. The days when everything falls apart is how life would be everyday without God's mercy and grace holding us up. I'm also reminded that in my weakness, yes in spite of my weakness, God triumphs through the darkness of life, hope springs eternal and relentless takes captive my heart and life all over again.

I heard an old Vigilantes of Love song the other day that reminded me of how we will trade away so much of who we are for something that pales in comparison to the love of Christ.
yeah dragging out of bed
got a big noise all in your head
living and the dead run
in the clear light of day
it's amazing what you've sold
always leaves you feeling old
less wiser and more cold
as you try to make your way


People are so hungry for acceptance and love and grace that we will settle for the false sense of those things offered to us in so many hidden devils. In reality what God wants is for us to realize that each day, Monday, Tuesday, Saturday, Sunday are days for God's grace to shine through in manifold ways...sadly we choose our selfish and sinful ways instead, leaving us hollow, empty, and craving even more the riches of a relationship with God.

No comments: