Tuesday, November 23, 2010

What is it that you are THANKFUL for?

Not to be to typical of the holiday week, but I have found that periodically taking inventory of the people (past and present), things, and opportunities that I am thankful for gives me a proper perspective of what life really is all about. Last night, Claire, Charlotte and I watched White Christmas together for a little bit, my favorite song is actually "Snow" but I was struck by the one that Bing Crosby sings to Rosemary Clooney when they encounter each other in the kitchen for a late night snack. "I count my blessings instead of sheep," my that's something I could do more of in my life. God has so richly blessed me with life, health, and salvation through the person and work of Jesus Christ! He has showered me with people whom I love and who love me, like my beautiful wife and beautiful daughters! That doesn't even include the fortunes of a great, although slightly dysfunctional at times, family. I couldn't forget the wonderful friends that I have particularly, my colleagues in ministry at FBC Statesboro and others involved in ministry at different places. Something I have become even more grateful for is the wonderful church family, especially my students and youth parents that are so incredibly gracious to my family and a blessing beyond words! Certainly I would be remiss without acknowledging the blessing of a home and at least one car that works!





What is it that you can thank God for today? This week? Next week? Each day?

No comments: