Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Patched Together


I am on the FBC Senior Trip with some of our seniors that just graduated this weekend at Tybee. It's been fun so far. While I sat on the beach I read Brennan Manning's newest book Patched Together. It's actually a revision of a couple of other books and new material but it doesn't disappoint.

Here are a couple of lines that caught my eye:

"As to the scars, don't be in a hurry to get rid of them; they are more beautiful than you'll ever know. You'll just have to trust me." p.38

"Little Brother, you were forgiven before you asked. Now accept that forgiveness and be at peace. Don't punish yourself anymore." p. 59

"Aware of his rapt attention, the Medicine Man said, "When you get to heaven, Little Friend, which is where I live, Abba will not ask you how many prayers you said or how many souls you saved. No he'll ask, 'Did you enjoy the fajita?' He wants you to live with passion, in the beauty of the moment, accepting and enjoying his gifts." p. 60

This next one is perhaps my favorite, "Anyone can sing in the light, but it's those who can whisper a doxology in the darkness who are truly grateful." p. 112

No comments: