Monday, June 7, 2010

Fireproof and The Hangover

Not two movies you expect to see in a review together, but that just proves how culturally diverse I am, right?? Cyd and I finally saw Fireproof last night, we borrowed it from a friend. It was a good movie, trite and predictable in some spots but a solid evangelical message. I did anticipate the acting being a little bit better than Facing the Giants, but I'm not so sure that happened. As a side note, I think Kirk Cameron's best work was and is his role as Mike Seaver on Growing Pains!!

I recently caught most of The Hangover as well, I must say the premise is idiotic although there are a few funny moments. Most of my students have been quoting excerpts from this movie so I was curious, now to quote a truly funny movie, "Thank you Mr. Madison, we are all now dumber for having listened to you." That pretty much sums up my review of The Hangover.

1 comment:

Allison said...

Totally agree w/you on Fireproof...I cringed through the acting of that movie! I thought The Hangover was hysterical, although completely crude at the same time