Sunday, March 7, 2010

Recently Heard in Sermons and Songs

We had our Disciple Now this weekend, which is always a great time for our students who participate...so between that and church today I've heard a lot of sermons touching on sin and grace and these thoughts popped into my head via Bill Mallonee's music.

we're all black holes so don't give me grief
i think you're perfect and you think i'm perfect to and
we're all just lying through our teeth
Poor Kid



Double Cure

yeah today i'm sick of all i am
today is my setback

first i swear i love you
then i stab you in the back

i wanna drink out of that fountain
on a hill called double cure
i wanna show you my allegiance Lord
yes i wanna be a son of Yours


Few have captured the meaning of grace for me and the struggle with sin and our humanness like Malllonee and Brennan Manning. They are both sources of encouragement and reminders to me about my need for the Gospel.


No comments: