Friday, March 5, 2010

Home By Another Way


I finished Barbara Brown Taylor's book, Home By Another Way. As with most of her books it is a collection of sermons that ranged the whole church calendar year. Since we are in the season of Lent I found some of these most helpful for my own Lenten journey. I am always amazed when I read her work at the depth of her understanding of what it means to be human, the good parts and the bad parts. I am also deeply struck by her uncanny ability to name the unnameable and put a face on God in some ways. Her wisdom and insight into the life of faith has blessed me many times over. Cyd tried to steal the book from me before I could finish it so I don't have any additional quotes to give now, but I hope to add a few of the more poignant ones soon.

No comments: