Wednesday, June 17, 2009

M-Fuge 2009

WOW!! What an amazing week we are having at M-Fuge Samford! God is doing some really cool things in the lives of our group of 54 students and adults. I can't begin to put into words how proud I am of our students and how humbled I am to be their youth minister. Weeks like this gives me the opportunity to see God stretch, push, pull, break, and reshape our students in so many ways. I am so thankful to be at FBC Statesboro working with teenagers. I talked to a friend from seminary today who is the executive director of an urban ministry in Birmingham that is one of our ministry sites this week about how God has a sense of humor about where he leads and calls his children. I must confess that when I finished seminary I didn't think that I would ever do youth ministry again, but God had different plans. He led Cyd and I to a Statesboro for his purposes. We can't imagine being anywhere else in life right now. We are having an incredible time not just serving the people of Birmingham, but also growing in our own faith journey. It's beyond description the feeling you get when you witness God working in not just one person's life but 54! Please continue to pray for us this week!!

No comments: