Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Interesting Picture



This is a picture taken of one of the engraved sayings of Jesse Mercer at the the Jesse Mercer Plaza on Mercer University's Macon campus. I saw this on the website for The Wittenburg Door. In light of some discussions I have had with colleagues in ministry over the past few weeks I thought this was humorous and appropriate.

As a side note, for all the bad press that Baptists get, there's still no other part of the body of Christ that I would rather be a part of good, bad, and in between, there is nothing like a Baptist church!

1 comment:

Katelyn said...

Baptist have a very interesting history. I'm taking US History right now, and we've been discussing different denominations and they're role in the development of colonial america. Not all of it is "good" stuff, but it is a very rich history