Monday, June 30, 2008

Road Trip Music

Music is an important aspect of any road trip. I traveled with the youth choir to Orlando yesterday and came to the conclusion that most music teenagers listen to drives me crazy after 30 minutes. I also found that they love their music very loud (I know I sound old). So I wanted to offer my opinion on the top 5 road trip CDs.

5. Indigo Girls 1200 Curfew
4. Jimmy Buffett Greatest Hits
3. Bill Mallonee Audible Sigh
2. James Taylor Greatest Hits
1. The Allman Brothers Band Greatest Hits and The Fillmore Concerts (Tie)

The Indigo Girls offer some classic songs plus their trademark ones in great live performances. Jimmy Buffett and James Taylor are just two classic songwriters and singers. Bill Mallonee offers his signature vocals on songs that capture the Americana, road trip experience like few artists. Just about anything the Allman Brothers produce is road trip material, but the greatest hits provides an early career sampling while the The Fillmore Concerts offer arguably the Brothers best live performance before the loss of Duane Allman and Berry Oakley. Any of these are worthy of a listen this summer on your road trip.

No comments: