Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Divine Conspiracy

I recently finished a book by Dallas Willard entitled The Divine Conspiracy. This book is definitely not an easy read, but it holds great rewards for the reader who finishes it. Willard challenges Christians to through off the mediocre living that so many of us find ourselves in and renew our commitment to be disciples of Christ. Few books have challenged my beliefs and behaviors in the way that this book has. I was trying to thing of a favorite passage, but the broad theme of the book is so challenging that it is hard to reduce the book to a select passage or two. I'm still going to give it a shot though.

"Invest your life in what God is doing which cannot be lost. Of course this means that we will invest in our relationship to Jesus himself, and through him to God." p. 205.

It doesn't get much simpler than that, but I find in my life that this is one of the hardest things about my day.

No comments: