Friday, December 30, 2011

Thoughts on Prayer

1 Timothy 2 talks about the privilege of praying for others. This perhaps one of the more common types of prayer, intercessory. We have the freedom to converse with the Father for those in our lives who have special areas of concern, trials, difficulties and even joys and triumphs. Praying for others always opens my eyes to how blesses I am and how selfish my prayers can become. May we find the joy in lifting others up, for it truly pleases our Lord and Savior.

1 comment:

David said...

Couldn't agree more! I would add that I think it is significant that Paul tells Timothy to make sure the congregation prays (I think publicly) "for kings and all who are in authority." Some of these authorities could have been making life miserable for these young Christians. True love moves us to come before the Father not only for those who love us but even for those who hate us. (cf. Matt. 5:44)