Monday, December 12, 2011

Advent Thoughts pt. 8

I look forward to sharing the Lord's Supper with residents of one of the retirement homes/nursing homes in our area each December. It's always a joyful time to greet the residents and then see people from different backgrounds and usually different denominations come together to proclaim the Lord's death through bread and wine (of course we only use grape juice). It is a reminder to me of how simple our faith really is. I don't mean simplistic, I mean simple. We complicate it by adding religious ramblings to it, but it boils down to embracing the furious love of God, manifested most clearly in the life of Christ. I am thankful for those opportunities to pause and remember what God has done for us and how he is still at work in our lives through the Holy Spirit. Thanks be to God!


No comments: