Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Radical Together

I have been reading through David Platt's new book Radical Together. The book continues the passionate plea for people to fully become who God has created them to be as they pursue a relationship with him. What has been most challenging for me is the reminder that as a minister (professional Christian) I am not the key by which someone unlocks the riches of the Bible, rather my role is to be the facilitator to help people discover the wisdom, truth, and hope found in the pages of the Bible.






I have long puzzled over my own denomination's "Battle for the Bible that began before I was born and lasted over a few decades, and the reality that we are good at defending the Bible as the authoritative, inspired, infallible word of God but not very good at letting the Bible completely change our lives and our hearts, our marriages and our families, our churches and our communities. It's good to be reminded that I, nor my denomination are keepers of the Holy Grail (the Bible) but that as individuals live their lives in the light of scripture we help others to do the same.

No comments: