Sunday, May 15, 2011

Love and Music

For some reason this time of year always has my mind turned towards love...I guess it's because I'm getting ready to celebrate 11 years of marriage with my beautiful wife. The longing look across the strewn toys and piles of clothes, some clean, some not so clean can send my heart palpitating. The glimpse of catching her from a far at church, Wal-Mart, or out in public elsewhere always makes me smile. We were folding clothes and I had turned on some music to listen to this afternoon, one of the songs was All Fall Down by Harrod And Funck. I believe I have written about them before but a Google search would answer your questions as to who they are and what they do. This one lyric caught my mind, perhaps in light of the sermon our pastor preached on families today. The lyric reminds me that the love of a healthy marriage is a choice not just on that fateful day but each day of life together. Our commitment is that our love won't ever fold to the pressures of the world around us! The greater commitment that gives our commitment any meaning and it's staying power is the gospel of Jesus Christ. That truly is the love that won't ever fold and blows the roof off of the whole world not just the town.

Because love's the show, it won't ever fold;
Around town it seems like everyone knows it'll raise the sky....It'll blow the sky.

No comments: