Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Bulloch Academy Baccalaureate

Last night I had the privilege and honor of getting to speak at Bulloch Academy's Baccalaureate Ceremony! It was such an incredible experience for me to get to share in a special moment with graduates and their families. I am grateful to the senior class as well as Anne Lomax and Deborah Carico for giving me the opportunity to share my heart and advice on such a special occasion.

It's strange to me to think about graduating from high school and getting to start a new part of life's journey as you begin college. In many ways, because of my own experience at Mercer University and the people (faculty, staff, students, community) I would love to get to do it all over again, except for the studying part. The years that Cyd and I spent at Mercer formed us and shaped us more than any other time period in our lives. We are so grateful for parents who sacrificed to put us at Mercer, the wonderful people (too many to name) who poured into our lives, and the churches that reached out to us and feed us spiritually, thanks hardly seems sufficient.

To all of my incredible students who are part of the class of 2010 I wish you the best of luck and God's richest blessings on your life as you continue along your journey with Him!! Thanks for letting me be a part of your lives the last 4 years!!

2 comments:

PaulB said...

Baccalaureates are real treats. I've been privileged to do a couple myself (and would have loved to have done Andrew's this year but wasn't asked-sigh). I'm sure your love for your students came through. Glad for your opportunity.

Paul Bankson

Tony Pagliarullo said...

Thanks Paul! You and Connie are certainly a part of that group of folks who influenced us so much during our time at Mercer, thank you!

Can you believe that 10 years ago tomorrow you married Cyd and I?