Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Thoughts

As I celebrated Easter this week, I was reminded of the pain of loss, the sacrifices that have been made for me. I was also struck by the inability we have as humans to really market the empty tomb. I was continually drawn to some quotes from Jurgen Moltmann and Frederick Buechner about the cross and the empty tomb. I was drawn to the accounts of the death of Christ and the resurrection, for they are the key to our faith as Christians, yet the gospel writers seem to lack a uniformity, perhaps because their own story shines through their accounts of the miracle of the resurrection. Ultimately, Easter leaves us knowing that something great happened on that morning in the garden with the empty tomb, something that in many ways is beyond description, words, and categories...God's love is perhaps the best way we have of putting a label on it. THANKS BE TO GOD!

No comments: