Tuesday, August 25, 2009

This and That

Do you ever have those moments when it seems that life has sped by you so fast that you don't really know what happened? That's been the last few weeks for us. I don't really like it when blogs say, "It's been a while since I last posted..." I would like to think that my life and my thoughts on life are important enough that people check this blog once or twice a day, but I know that the chances of that are slim to none, heavy on the none side. So let me catch you up if you still care enough to read on...

Cyd had a birthday last week that we celebrated in style at the new Carey Hilliard's in Statesboro. We both grew up going to the Hill, as we affectionately called it after football and basketball games, church events, and any time a group of teenagers went out to eat in Savannah. Hilliard's is a Savannah Icon and Institution. I can't really think of better place to eat in Savannah! The sweet tea is amazing! So we celebrated in style at the Hill and then had not one but 3 birthday cakes at our house for dessert, two of which I made. We had a great time celebrating another year on the calendar.

A few weeks ago we enjoyed some time as a family at Tybee before spending some time with the 2009 seniors at Tybee as well. We took a ton of pics, so I will get those uploaded soon. We did NOT see Miley but man was Tybee buzzing with the film.

This weekend we got a new swing set for the girls. Todd and Karen and Abbie and Anna Deal gave us a swing set that we moved and set up on Saturday. The girls absolutely love it!!!

Lots more to share but I've got to get to Starbucks to hang out with students, I love my job, because I get to work with the greatest bunch of teenagers anywhere!!

No comments: